The Connemara Day Tour takes you to the wild west of Ireland. This scenic country tour includes a stop at Kylemore Abbey, boat cruise on the Killary fjord or traditional sheepdog trials and turf cutting a drive through the Inagh Valley and a visit to the city of tribes, Galway
Taking a scenic route to Oughterard, the 'The Gateway to Connemara', you will pass through many quaint towns and enjoy beautiful scenery before you enter the national park, which has no boundary lines but is marked by its beauty and panoramic, unspoiled views.
During the high season (April - October) this tour includes a 1.5hr boat cruise around Killary Harbour.
During the low season (November - March) the boat cruise does not run but instead you will visit the Killary Sheep Farm. You will be given a skilled sheepdog demonstration and told about how the people and the livestock cope with the barren land and the harsh weather. You will also be given a demonstration on Turf cutting. Maybe turn a sod yourself.
Your next stop is to Kylemore Abbey, said to be one of the most romantic castles in Ireland. Here you can get some photos of this amazing setting and relax for some lunch (not included).
Afterwards you will visit the bohemian city of Galway. Known best for its brightly painted pubs, live music and cafés. Galway is a city steeped in history, explore the meandering streets and listen to the many street performers from around the world who call this city their home. Remnants of the medieval town walls lie between shops selling Aran sweaters, handcrafted Claddagh rings and stacks of second-hand and new books. This “City of Tribes” will be a highlight of your day tour.
You then set out on your way back to Dublin and reminisce about your adventure to Ireland’s wild west.
Connemara National Park | Kylemore Abbey (Photo stop) | Killary Harbour Boat Cruise (summer months) | Killary Sheep Farm (winter months) | Galway City
For non English speaking visitors a multilingual app is available to be downloaded from the app store at the link provided on the website.
You may also like
- Things to see & doDay toursThe Bandwagon Bus
- Things to see & doDay toursCeltic Boyne Valley Day Tour – Irish Day tours
- Things to see & doDay toursCliffs of Moher – Irish Day Tours
- Things to see & doDay toursWanderlust Irland - Belfast Tour from Dublin
- Things to see & doDay toursAdam Ladd Tours
- Things to see & doHikingA Spasso A Dublino - Italian Tour in Dublin
- Things to see & doDay toursBlarney Castle and Cork Day tour – Irish Day Tours
- Things to see & doDay toursBlarney Castle, Kilkenny and Irish Whiskey - Rabbie's Small Group Tours