Big Smoke Writing Factory
The Big Smoke Writing Factory provides creative writing classes and workshops for new and developing writers. Run by writers for writers, they provide a platform for writers to not only improve their work, but to share it with others. Visitors are welcome around the table at a beginners' course, or with a larger audience at one of the readings or literary café events.
Or you can take advantage of the remote learning options online.
A wide range of on-site courses and workshops are offered including the Beginning to Write classes for those just starting off, as well as a variety of specialist workshops for those interested in writing fiction, poetry, novels, children's and young adult fiction, memoir, stage and screen plays and more. They also hold workshops relating to getting published and building a profile as a writer, for writers starting to think about submitting work for publication. The classes are reasonably small (12-15 maximum for beginners' classes and 10-12 for specialist courses) to maximise the individual attention each student receives during the course. Or choose a one-to-one online course and a critique service for writers looking for feedback on particular projects.
The Big Smoke Writing Factory holds regular open days which provide potential students the opportunity to discuss with one of the members what they want out of a writing class and which might best suit their needs. Spark your creativity at Dublin’s most innovative creative writing school!
- Things to see & doCity toursDublin Music Trails: South City
- Things to see & doCity toursDublin Music Trails: The Liberties
- Things to see & doHikingThe Dubline Trail
- Food & drinkRestaurantsIndoChine
- Things to see & doAdventure activitiesGlencullen Adventure Park
- Things to see & doCyclingThe Lazy Bike Tour Company Limited
- Things to see & doHistoric Barracks & jailsKilmainham Gaol
- Food & drinkBars & pubsGuinness Storehouse
- Things to see & doMuseumsGPO Museum
- Things to see & doCastlesArdgillan Castle and Gardens
- Things to see & doStatues & monumentsExperience Glasnevin: Ireland's National Cemetery
- Food & drinkFood & drink toursDublin Whiskey Tours