The Chocolate Warehouse
- Family friendly
- Free car parking
- Rainy days
The Chocolate Warehouse in Walkinstown, Dublin is a real chocolate wonderland that was set up with one key objective: giving children and adults wonderful memories that stay with them for life. This is a special journey through the history and joy of making chocolate.
The Warehouse runs Chocolate Workshops that are 2 hours long. These workshops were started by Natasha Caffrey, the granddaughter of the late Thomas Caffrey known as The Irish “Willy Wonka”. Visitors will learn the story of chocolate with a short film showing the journey of the cocoa bean into the chocolate we know today.
The chocolate making demonstration shows the visitors how handmade chocolates and Easter eggs are made. Then you get to make your own box of chocolates and decorate bars to bring home.
At the end of each workshop there is a fun chocolate table quiz. Then each visitor receives a special certificate for graduating from The Chocolate Warehouse Workshop.
In December, Santa Claus can be seen tasting the chocolate and, at Easter, the Easter Bunny comes to visit. See website for other events and prices.
- Things to see & doTheatre & events venuesViking Theatre
- Things to see & doAdventure activitiesExperience Gaelic Games
- Things to see & doActivity toursEscape Boats
- Things to see & doHikingTicknock Fairy Castle Loop
- Things to see & doHikingCarrickgollogan - Lead Mines Way - (Orange)
- Things to see & doHikingThe Grand Canal Way
- Things to see & doChurches & religious sitesNewman University Church, Our Lady Seat of Wisdom
- Things to see & doBreweries & distilleriesThe Dublin Liberties Distillery
- Things to see & doHorse & equestrianThe Paddocks Riding Centre
- Food & drinkFood & drink toursWalking Food Tours - Dublin
- Things to see & doActivity toursAlternative Dublin City
- Things to see & doGalleriesRoyal Hibernian Academy