The Mansion House has been the official residence of the Lord Mayor of Dublin since 1715 and was also the meeting place of the Dáil Éireann from 1919 until 1922. It has witnessed many historic events including the formation of the new Irish State and the signing of the Anglo Irish Treaty. It has welcomed many international leaders, sporting heroes and stars of the stage, screen and music. It has also been a family home and the centre of Dublin life for 300 years. It is much loved by Dubliners who have danced, celebrated sporting victories, completed exams there and celebrated Christmas by visiting the Live Animal Crib outside.
The Mansion House is open to the public annually as part of the Culture Night and Open House initiatives and occasionally for public open days. If you would like to arrange a tour of the Mansion House for a group, please contact the Office of the Lord Mayor directly.
- Trinity CollegeThings to see & doPublic buildings
- Royal Hospital KilmainhamThings to see & doPublic buildings
- UCDThings to see & doPublic buildings
- Leinster HouseThings to see & doPublic buildings
- Government BuildingsThings to see & doPublic buildings
- The Four CourtsThings to see & doPublic buildings
- Dublin City HallThings to see & doPublic buildings
- General Post OfficeThings to see & doPublic buildings
- Wood QuayThings to see & doPublic buildings
- National Basketball ArenaThings to see & doPublic buildings