Ha'penny Bridge

The Ha'Penny Bridge is Dublin's oldest pedestrian crossing over the river Liffey. It was erected in 1816 as the Wellington Bridge and it acquired its better known nickname from the halfpenny toll levied on all users of the bridge up to 1919.

The Ha’Penny Bridge is one of the earliest cast-iron structures of its kind. In 2012, citing a maintenance and damage risk, Dublin City Council removed a number of love locks from the Ha'penny Bridge and nearby Millennium Bridge.