- Family friendly
- Rainy days
Explorium’s mission is to inspire curious minds to discover the wonders of science through sport and hands-on experiences in three sections: Science, Sport and Junior. It offers real 21st century fun for all ages. Conquer your fears in Explorium’s climbing section or venture through one of the world’s longest indoor caving structures and test your courage with a leap of faith.
The Sports Science section is perfect for kids age 6 years and up. Test your speed, strength and agility on the same equipment used by the best soccer teams in the world. And you won’t want to miss Ireland’s first robot goalie who’s really hard to beat! Make sure to check out VR & Sport Simulator opening times upon arrival.
Explorium’s theatre has live science shows and amazing films. Try your hand at film-making, reinvent the orchestra with laser musical instruments and more.
The Science section has over 100 activities. Try making spiky crystals out of magnetic liquid, create whirlpools or twist electricity through incredible interactive weather exhibits. The Lightning Room is home to Ireland’s largest Tesla coil, where half a million volts are shot through the room. You'll also find the 360 G-Force Bike, a Maker's Lab and VR Planetarium.
The Junior area is dedicated to children age 2 - 6 years and typically takes about 2 hours. This section has 50+ amazing science and sport activities, including a multi-sensory room and the amazing interactive aquarium. Weather-permitting, outdoor play is available.
You can find refreshment at the 'Lookout Cafe' with its wholesome dishes from around the world and a very tasty view of Dublin! 'Bean Café' is in the Junior area and 'Kono Café' offers pizza in a cone! Look for the robot servers!
Booking online is advised.
Fully wheelchair accessible and buggy friendly. Carers admitted free.
Children under 12 must be accompanied at all times. Lockers are available.
- IndoChineFood & drinkRestaurants
- Paddywagon ToursThings to see & doDay tours
- Trinity CollegeThings to see & doPublic buildings
- National Gallery of IrelandThings to see & doGalleries
- Howth - Cliff Path LoopThings to see & doHiking
- Carrickgollogan - Lead Mines Way - (Orange)Things to see & doHiking
- Grand Canal WayThings to see & doHiking
- Ticknock - Fairy Castle LoopThings to see & doHiking
- Howth - Black Linn LoopThings to see & doHiking
- Barnaslingan - Scalp Lookout Trail (Red)Things to see & doHiking
- Croke Park StadiumThings to see & doMuseums