Architectural History Ireland
- Cloudy days
Dublin’s wonderful Medieval, Georgian, and Victorian eclectic architecture informs its history with 20th century and contemporary architecture bringing the story up to date
Your guides are people with a passion for architecture. They are RIAI Registered Architects, architectural graduates, and urban specialists. Each guide is specially trained to conduct these tours.
Choose from Dublin’s world famous Georgian squares to the city’s trendiest urban quarters. The tours are run with a minimum of fifteen participants and a maximum of twenty-five.
Dublin Docklands Tour
This tour spans four centuries – from the 18th century construction of the harbour walls to the area’s transformation into a bustling 21st century city quarter for living, working, and entertainment. Tour highlights include: the Custom House, Grand Canal Theatre, and Samuel Beckett Bridge.
Considered Dublin’s Golden Age, the Georgian era was marked by the rebuilding of much of the Medieval city. This tour will discover how Georgian residences are being adapted to modern lifestyles and juxtaposed with modern infill buildings.
The Living City
This walk explores different experiences of living in the city through Dublin’s markets, squares, and parks while viewing some award-winning examples of residential architecture along the way.
Medieval in origin, the narrow cobbled streets of Temple Bar were once destined as the site of a major bus depot. A ground-breaking urban regeneration project and master plan by Group 91 Architects transformed the area into a now bustling cultural quarter.
Bespoke tours can also be provided. Please contact directly to discuss.
- Things to see & doCity toursBaja Bikes
- Things to see & doCity toursSandemans NewEurope- Dublin
- Things to see & doCity toursTours de Dublin en Français
- Things to see & doCity toursBest of Dublin Walking Tour - Pat Liddy Walking Tours
- Things to see & doCity toursHop On Hop Off Tour - DoDublin
- Things to see & doCity toursHop On Hop Off Tour - Big Bus Tours Dublin
- Things to see & doCity toursPat Liddy's Walking Tours of Dublin Ltd
- Things to see & doCity toursDalton’s Musical History Tour
- Things to see & doHikingA Spasso A Dublino - Italian Tour in Dublin
- Things to see & doBar & pubsThe Perfect Pint Tour
- Things to see & doCity toursThe Old Liffey Ferry
- Things to see & doCity toursMonumental Music Tours