1916 Rebellion Walking Tours
- Cloudy days
The 1916 Rebellion Walking Tour was founded in 1996 by Dublin historian Lorcan Collins, author of The Easter Rising (O'Brien Press, 2001) and James Connolly (O'Brien Press, 2012).
The tour has proven to be very popular with Irish people and visitors alike . Collins is passionate about Irish history and has a unique ability to explain the complexities of the revolutionary period to participants.
All participants will be given a little introductory literature and a copy of the Proclamation and some photographs of the key figures upon arrival at the International Bar.
The tour begins in a private room with an explanation of the build up to the Rising. The tour takes different routes on a daily basis but will visit plenty of sites associated with the revolutionary period from 1913-1923 such as the GPO, Moore Street, City Hall, Dublin Castle, the Four Courts, Trinity College, Liberty Hall, the Custom House.
Although the emphasis is upon 1916, a range of topics are discussed including the 1798 Rebellion, Robert Emmet and 1803, Daniel O'Connell, the Great Hunger or Famine, Emigration, Parnell and Home Rule, the Irish Republican Brotherhood, James Connolly & the Labour movement and the Lockout of 1913-14, Ireland and World War 1, the Easter Rising, the Executions, the rise of Sinn Fein, Michael Collins and the War of Independence 1919-21 and the Civil War of 1922-23.
All of the guides on this tour are published authors and renowned expert historians. The tour is also great fun and energetic but is accessible to all as the guides walk at a gentle pace.
Tours last a little over two hours in duration. Group bookings, school and college groups are catered for all year round.
- Things to see & doCity toursSolve A Mystery
- Things to see & doCity toursThe Haunted History Walking Tour - Hidden Dublin Walks
- Things to see & doCity toursArchitectural History Ireland
- Things to see & doCity toursDublin Decoded Walking Tours
- Things to see & doCity toursDublin Strolls
- Things to see & doCity toursDublin Tour Guide - Private Walking Tours
- Things to see & doCity toursDublino a piedi
- Things to see & doCity toursEsplora Dublino
- Things to see & doCity toursGeneration Tours
- Things to see & doCity toursHistorical Walking Tours Of Dublin
- Things to see & doCity toursIn Our Shoes Walking Tours
- Food & drinkFood & drink toursVintage Tea Trips