14 Henrietta Street
- Family friendly
- Rainy days
- Hidden gem
Nominated for European Museum of the Year 2020, 14 Henrietta Street captures over 300 years of family and city life within the walls of one address. Intimate guided tours bring visitors on a truly moving journey from the houses’ grand Georgian beginnings to the tenement dwellings of its later years.
Originally built in the 1720s for a wealthy Dublin family, by 1911 over 850 people lived on the street, over 100 of those in 14 Henrietta Street.
At the heart of the experience is the spirit of the house, which comes alive through the stories and personal objects from the former residents and from the insights shared by professional guides into the everyday realities of the Dubliners who lived here. This is your opportunity to discover their personal stories, to share in their memories and to walk in the footsteps of those who called 14 Henrietta Street home.
14 Henrietta Street is only accessible by guided tour. Pre-booking is advised.
- National Museum of Ireland-Decorative Arts & HistoryThings to see & doMuseums
- National Museum of Ireland - ArchaeologyThings to see & doMuseums
- Museum of Literature IrelandThings to see & doMuseums
- EPIC The Irish Emigration MuseumThings to see & doMuseums
- Croke Park StadiumThings to see & doMuseums
- National Museum of Ireland - Natural HistoryThings to see & doMuseums
- GPO MuseumThings to see & doMuseums
- Trinity CollegeThings to see & doPublic buildings
- Experience Glasnevin: Ireland's National CemeteryThings to see & doStatues & monuments
- The Round Tower ClondalkinThings to see & doMuseums
- The Jeanie JohnstonThings to see & doMuseums
- Chester BeattyThings to see & doMuseums