The National Wax Museum Plus on Westmoreland Street in Dublin City, offers a museum experience unlike any other. If you are young or old, a culture vulture or fun seeker, star struck or star studded, The National Wax Museum Plus is a fun and interactive experience for all ages.
Explore The National Wax Museum Plus in Dublin City on a self-guided tour, meet a moving dinosaur at the entrance, stroll through Irish history from the Bronze Age to the present. Learn all about how the body functions to how the solar system works. See Irish inventions in the Science and Discovery Zone.
Step through the Mirror Maze to the Hall of Fame. Children will love the Kids Zone with some of their favourite characters and a fluorescent fantasy forest. Those with a nervous disposition may want to avoid the terrifying Chambers of Horror where visitors are sure to get a scare.
Hang out among the giants of Irish literature in a themed bar overlooking O'Connell Bridge and the Spire. Get transported right into a classic music video at the Wax Factor Studios. Try not to scream during the Virtual Reality experiences such as a rollercoaster and a Jurassic Jungle journey. And of course, get up close and personal to Waxworks of the celebrities for amazing photo opportunities.
The Museum hosts Murder Mystery evenings 18:00 to 21:00 daily for groups of 6 to 12 people, 10 is the ideal number. You must assume a character and take a tour of the wax museum at night in order to attempt to solve the case. Will you be the detective, the doctor, the reporter or the butler. One thing is for certain, one of you is an accomplice to the killer and will try to throw everyone else off the scent.
Group tours may be organised and are best booked in advance.
You may also like
- Things to see & doMuseumsNational Museum of Ireland - Archaeology
- Things to see & doMuseumsThe Round Tower Clondalkin
- Things to see & doMuseumsNational Museum of Ireland-Decorative Arts & History
- Things to see & doMuseumsNational Museum of Ireland - Natural History
- Things to see & doPublic buildingsTrinity College
- Things to see & doMuseumsGPO Museum
- Things to see & doStatues & monumentsExperience Glasnevin: Ireland's National Cemetery
- Things to see & doMuseumsThe Jeanie Johnston