Tailteann Walking Tours is a tour of Dublin with a native offering a choice of walking tours that illuminates the many contrasting events and the characters that helped to mold the story of the city.
Tailteann Walking Tours comes complete with a rendition of a self-penned verse and if circumstances allow a song that reflects on the city and its appeal, primarily its people. Dublin can argue that it contains a number of sights that can compete with the world's other great cities. On College Green in the centre of the city you will find the colonnaded Bank of Ireland building. Formerly it housed the first bicameral houses of parliament in the world at its inception in 1723.
Trinity College, the oldest university in Ireland holds the Book of Kells. The university has a rich history wherein many of its past alumni have left their mark. Dublin can claim Robert Mallett known as the father of Seismology as one of their own. You can stand on the shoulders of literary giants such as Joyce, Wilde, Swift and more by visiting the haunts that still resonate with their fame.
The Vikings were in Dublin of course but didn’t study here. Rather they decided to set up shop in the vicinity and were noticeable by their actions. Cathedrals, beautiful architecture and pubs that give soul to the city are all part of the tour.
You may also like
- Things to see & doAdventure activitiesExperience Gaelic Games
- Things to see & doActivity toursEscape Boats
- Things to see & doCyclingThe Lazy Bike Tour Company Limited
- Food & drinkFood & drink toursDublin Whiskey Tours
- Things to see & doCyclingWild N Happy Travel
- Things to see & doCity toursDublin Literary Pub Crawl
- Things to see & doCity toursDublin Discovered Boat Tours
- Things to see & doDay toursConnemara & The Wild Atlantic Way Tour - Railtours Ireland First Class!