National College of Art and Design
The National College of Art and Design occupies a unique position in art and design education in Ireland. It offers the largest range of art and design degrees in the State at undergraduate and postgraduate level.
In the past many of the most important Irish artists, designers and art teachers have studied or taught in the College. It has long been the central and most important art and design educational institution in Ireland.
In recent years, the College has conferred honorary associateships on Sybil Connolly, Dr. James White, Patrick Scott, Jan de Fouw, Sonja Landweer, Conor Fallon, Dr. Seamus Buachalla, Leonora Curry, Paul Costelloe, Prof. Anne Crookshank, Charles J. Haughey, Dr. Patrick Moriarty, Dr. Edward Walsh, Professor George Dawson, Michael Farrell, Paul Hogan, William Walsh, Mealla C. Gibbons, Bro. Joseph McNally, Juan O'Callahan and Anthony Cronin.
The College has over seven hundred and fifty full-time students and a further eight hundred students who are taking non-award evening classes. Those who know the College, and those who have attended the Open Day, the annual exhibitions and fashion show, will be aware of the very high standards that are achieved.
The Centre for Continuing Education in Art & Design at NCAD offers part-time courses in art and design for adults and school-leavers who want to explore their creative potential and learn new skills. The Summer Programme consists of 3 and 5 day summer short courses in Art & Design. Or choose the 3 week Portfolio Preparation Course.
A short course or part time course is a great way to meet other artists and students, and become part of a vibrant contemporary art community.
- Howth - Black Linn LoopThings to see & doHiking
- Ticknock - Fairy Castle LoopThings to see & doHiking
- Grand Canal WayThings to see & doHiking
- Carrickgollogan - Lead Mines Way - (Orange)Things to see & doHiking
- Howth - Cliff Path LoopThings to see & doHiking
- National Gallery of IrelandThings to see & doGalleries
- Trinity CollegeThings to see & doPublic buildings
- Paddywagon ToursThings to see & doDay tours
- IndoChineFood & drinkRestaurants
- Glencullen Adventure ParkThings to see & doAdventure activities
- The Lazy Bike Tour Company LimitedThings to see & doCycling