Irish Museum of Modern Art (IMMA)
- Family friendly
- Free to visit
- Rainy days
A visit to IMMA can include time to discover and reflect in the galleries, browse the IMMA shop, explore the formal gardens and relax in the café.
During the summer months IMMA presents an extensive outdoor programme of events called IMMA Outdoors. This vibrant artistic programme turns the museum inside out and activates the 48 acres of the museum's grounds through artist commissions, performances, music, talks, workshops and tours. IMMA also hosts a series of events called IMMA Nights, running every Thursday and Friday evening from May to September. Details are available online.
IMMA welcomes everyone to enjoy its programmes. Facilities include family workshops, family activity packs and locker rooms. There is also an indoor and outdoor café, The Flying Dog. IMMA is wheelchair accessible, has a large car park and is just an 8 minute walk from the Luas stop at Heuston Station in Dublin City.
Dublin 8 is a vibrant neighbourhood to explore. Just a walk away are other major visitor attractions including Kilmainham Gaol and the Guinness Storehouse.
RDS Visual Arts Awards
Fri, 8 Dec 2023 - Sun, 3 Mar 2024
Irish Museum of Modern ArtFestivals & eventsArt Exhibitions
- National Museum of Ireland-Decorative Arts & HistoryThings to see & doMuseums
- GPO MuseumThings to see & doMuseums
- EPIC The Irish Emigration MuseumThings to see & doMuseums
- The Round Tower ClondalkinThings to see & doMuseums
- Chester BeattyThings to see & doMuseums
- Experience Glasnevin: Ireland's National CemeteryThings to see & doStatues & monuments
- Museum of Literature IrelandThings to see & doMuseums
- Croke Park StadiumThings to see & doMuseums
- National Museum of Ireland - Natural HistoryThings to see & doMuseums
- Trinity CollegeThings to see & doPublic buildings
- The Jeanie JohnstonThings to see & doMuseums
- National Museum of Ireland - ArchaeologyThings to see & doMuseums