GAA Museum - Croke Park
- Family friendly
- Rainy days
GAA Museum - The Heart and Soul
A trip to Croke Park simply wouldn’t be complete without experiencing the treasured GAA Museum. Get ready to immerse yourself in the spine-tingling and completely unique story of Gaelic games from ancient times to the present day.
This museum is like no other sporting museum you’ll ever visit. It not only celebrates Ireland’s national games, it also vividly brings to life how the GAA has contributed to our cultural, social and sporting heritage.
Featured exhibitions include the original Sam Maguire and Liam MacCarthy Cups, the rousing Hall of Fame, and a whole floor dedicated to the games as they are today. When you’re done exploring, get a taste of the action in the popular Interactive Games Zone, where you can test your hurling and Gaelic football skills!
Junior Explorer Family tours
The GAA Museum’s mascot Cluasóg, the Irish hare, will soon hop into action for the return of the Junior Explorer Family tours that last 1.5 hours.
Cluasóg will greet you and your little ones on arrival at the museum. Then you’ll go behind-the-scenes and children will receive a Junior Explorer Passport so they can follow clues throughout the Museum with their tour guide. If the group find all the clues, all younger visitors will receive a special Junior Explorer surprise! The Junior Explorer Tours are recommended for all family members but will be of particular interest for children of 8 years of age and under. Children must be accompanied by an adult. The route is fully accessible for buggies.
See website for more information, including opening times, prices and directions to the GAA Museum. Please Note: On match days, the museum usually opens at the same time as the turnstiles. Free parking is available and the Museum’s Blackthorn Café is perfect for snacks and refreshments..
Check out the GAA fixtures calendar. If you are lucky you can watch a live GAA match, a truly Irish experience!
- Things to see & doMuseumsNational Museum of Ireland - Archaeology
- Things to see & doMuseumsNational Museum of Ireland-Decorative Arts & History
- Things to see & doMuseumsChester Beatty
- Things to see & doMuseumsCroke Park Stadium
- Things to see & doStatues & monumentsExperience Glasnevin: Ireland's National Cemetery
- Things to see & doMuseumsEPIC The Irish Emigration Museum
- Things to see & doMuseumsNational Museum of Ireland - Natural History
- Things to see & doPublic buildingsTrinity College
- Things to see & doMuseumsMuseum of Literature Ireland
- Things to see & doMuseumsThe Jeanie Johnston
- Things to see & doMuseumsThe Round Tower Clondalkin
- Things to see & doMuseumsGPO Museum