Director's Tour of the National Library of Ireland
- Free to visit
Thursday, 1 June 2023 - Thursday, 12 October 2023
About this event
Established by the Dublin Science and Art Museum Act, 1877, the NLI was originally housed at the Royal Dublin Society's premises in Leinster House until the present building at 7/8 Kildare Street was formally opened on 1890.
Discover the history of our beautiful Victorian building on Kildare Street and meet NLI's new Director Dr Audrey Whitty. The guided tour will also visit the magnificent Reading Room and explore our links with some of Ireland’s greatest writers and thinkers.
18:00–19:00 | Entry free and booking not required. Meet in the Front Hall of National Library of Ireland, 7/8 Kildare Street, Dublin 2.
For more information regarding accessibility in their buildings please see NLI website.
- Dublin Whiskey ToursFood & drinkFood & drink tours
- Experience Glasnevin: Ireland's National CemeteryThings to see & doStatues & monuments
- Ardgillan Castle and GardensThings to see & doCastles
- Guinness StorehouseFood & drinkBars & pubs
- Kilmainham GaolThings to see & doHistoric Barracks & jails
- The Lazy Bike Tour Company LimitedThings to see & doCycling
- Glencullen Adventure ParkThings to see & doAdventure activities
- IndoChineFood & drinkRestaurants
- Paddywagon ToursThings to see & doDay tours
- Trinity CollegeThings to see & doPublic buildings
- National Gallery of IrelandThings to see & doGalleries