Take in dramatic vistas, see megalithic ruins and the Cliffs of Moher. Experience the command a farmer has over his sheep dog with a demonstration and take a one hour boat tour beneath the Cliffs of Moher. Alternatively if you are visiting in the winter months enjoy a visit to the Ailwee Caves instead.
Your first stop will be at the Aillwee caves, one of the most impressive cave systems in Ireland. Your guide at the caves will bring you to explore these caves deep below the Burren. Discover deep gorges waterfalls and strange formations on your journey.
Next you will visit Poulnabrone Dolmen, one of Ireland's finest examples of a portal tomb. Dating back 5,000 years. Its dramatic setting in the Burren creates an awesome spectacle. The skeletal remains of 33 stone age humans, both adult and children, were found when archaeologists excavated the site in 1986.
For lunch we will head to Doolin, a picturesque village famed for its traditional music on the edge of the Atlantic.
After lunch you will get to walk the cliff tops to view the Cliffs of Moher from its iconic standpoint. You will have access to the visitors centre to learn about the history of the local area, the flora, fauna and geology. The Cliffs Of Moher is Ireland’s most popular natural site and once you stand looking at this awesome natural wonder you will understand why.
After your adventure to the edge of the world and back you can reminisce about your day back in Dublin.
You may also like
- Things to see & doDay toursIrlanda en Espanol
- Things to see & doCity toursJohn's Tours of Ireland
- Things to see & doDay toursLeinster Taxi
- Things to see & doDay toursLittle Gem Private Tours of Ireland
- Things to see & doDay toursMV Little Flower Ferry
- Things to see & doDay toursNewgrange & Hill of Tara Tour - Gray Line Tours
- Things to see & doDay toursWild Wicklow Tours
- Things to see & doDay toursWicklow, Glendalough & Kilkenny Day Tour - Hilltoptreks