Pearse Lyons Distillery
- Rainy days
- Hidden gem
Pearse Lyons Distillery is Dublin’s only independently, family owned distillery. Located in the former St James Church in the heart of Dublin’s Liberties, the award winning distillery produces Pearse Irish Whiskey.
Named after the late Dr. Pearse Lyons, founder and whiskey innovator, the distillery opened its doors in 2017. Born from passion and family tradition, Pearse along with his wife Deirdre aspired to create a distillery like no other in Dublin. Paying homage to their ancestors, five generations of coopers in Dublin, the distillery experience takes you on an immersive journey where you discover and explore the art of Irish Whiskey distillation and the unique culture of The Liberties, Dublin.
Known for its intimate tours and tastings experiences with local storytellers, you are invited to the ultimate Irish Whiskey experience. Be one of a handful to meet and chat to the distillers and taste the range of limited editions and distillery exclusive whiskeys. Blend and bottle your own whiskey with their in house experts and enjoy seasonal local produce which is paired beautifully with Pearse Irish Whiskey.
Pearse Whiskey is a multi-award-winning whiskey at the World Whiskies Awards for the last two consecutive years. With great knowledge and insight into the industry, Dr. Lyons began distilling in Ireland in 2012 to laydown spirit for the opening of Pearse Lyons Distillery. The stills, that now reside on the alter, were working away behind closed doors while Deirdre Lyons meticulously restored the former 18th Century St James Church.
The Pearse Lyons Distillery is one of three distilleries owned and operated by the Lyons family. The first, Town Branch Distillery is in the lively neighbourhood of Lexington, Kentucky. Its most recent, Duelling Barrels, is in the Appalachian Mountains in Pikeville, Kentucky. The distillery operations are overseen by Dr. Mark Lyons, the seventh generation of Lyons family to be involved in the whiskey industry.
The late Dr. Pearse Lyons, was honoured with a 2020 Chairman’s Award by Drinks Ireland Irish Whiskey Association. He is the first to receive recognition in Ireland and the United States for his outstanding contribution to both the Irish Whiskey and Kentucky bourbon industries.
- The Dublin Liberties DistilleryThings to see & doBreweries & distilleries
- Stillgarden DistilleryFood & drinkBars & pubs
- The Four ProvincesFood & drinkBars & pubs
- Rascals Brewing CompanyFood & drinkBars & pubs
- Teeling Whiskey DistilleryThings to see & doBreweries & distilleries
- Roe & Co Whiskey DistilleryThings to see & doBreweries & distilleries
- Jameson Distillery Bow St.Things to see & doBreweries & distilleries
- Guinness StorehouseFood & drinkBars & pubs
- Paddy's Day Fest at Pearse Lyons DistilleryFestivals & eventsLive music & gigs
Sat, 16 Mar - Sun, 17 Mar
Pearse Lyons Whiskey Distillery
- St Patrick's Day Weekend: Irish Classic Dishes & Urban Brews TourFestivals & eventsFood Experiences
Sun, 17 Mar - Mon, 18 Mar