With stores around the country including its Nassau Street location in Dublin City centre, the Kilkenny Shop Dublin is the place to go for Irish designed products. The company has been in existence for over 50 years and continues to sell pottery, fashion and more.
The Kilkenny Shop Dublin is one of Ireland's largest emporiums for Irish designed products. In 2013, the Kilkenny company celebrated its 50th year in business, promoting Irish design and supporting Irish artists and craftspeople. The Kilkenny Shop Dublin's philosophy is to offer customers a modern and contemporary interpretation based on the best of Irish traditions.
Kilkenny Shop Dublin has gathered a well established supply chain, from potters Louis Mulcahy and Stephen Pearce, to designers Orla Kiely and John Rocha, who are internationally recognised as masters of their craft. They predominantly supply Irish made and designed products with a smaller range of internationally known brands. Irish glassware has also made its name abroad, with companies like Jerpoint Glass and Tipperary Crystal emerging alongside the long established Waterford Crystal.
Kilkenny Shop currently have nine own brand stores in Dublin, Cork, Galway, Killarney, Tipperary and Meath and also two sister brand stores, known as Christy's, in Killarney, County Kerry, and Cobh, County Cork. The Kilkenny Design Centre is a must see in Kilkenny City.
The Dublin location has an excellent café upstairs with a view.
You may also like
- Things to see & doShopping centresJervis Shopping Centre
- Things to see & doShopsJohn Farrington Antiques
- Things to see & doShopping centresDundrum Town Centre
- Things to see & doShopping centresDun Laoghaire Shopping Centre
- Things to see & doShopsCourtville Antiques
- Things to see & doShopsCeltic Tweed
- Things to see & doShopping centresBloomfields Shopping Centre
- Things to see & doShopsAvoca Suffolk Street