Irish Whiskey Museum
- Rainy days
Listen, learn and laugh during guided tours of the Irish Whiskey Museum, where each of the four different rooms is themed to represent a different period in Irish history. Finish the tour by becoming a true whiskey connoisseur with an interactive tasting of three or four different Irish whiskeys. On the Classic tour you taste 3 whiskeys, but or a small fee, you can upgrade to the Premium tour and taste four whiskeys and take home a glass. Both last about an hour.
Treat yourself to the Whiskey Blending Experience (1 hr 30 minutes) including a full tour, 4 whiskeys to taste, and you bring home a miniature Irish Whiskey Museum bottle with a sample of your very own whiskey blend.
The Whiskey and Brunch Experience (1 hr 30 minutes, Saturdays & Sundays) includes the full tour, 3 whiskeys to taste and an Irish brunch.
The Irish Whiskey Museum is independent of all whiskey distilleries, offering its visitors the opportunity to taste and experience a huge selection of Irish Whiskey. Whether it’s single grain, malt, pot still or a blended whiskey, the museum’s whiskey experts will always be able to help you find the perfect whiskey to suit your palate.
Since opening in 2014, the Irish Whiskey Museum is quickly becoming one of Dublin’s most sought after tourist attractions, thanks to its interactive tours, dedicated whiskey retail store and in-house whiskey bar, with views overlooking Trinity College. Tours take place from 10:00 to 18:00 every day, while visitors can experience a variety of live traditional music, storytelling and other events every Friday, Saturday and Sunday evenings until 22:30. Check the website for details.
First tour begins at 10:00 and last tour begins at 18:00. Private tours also available after 18:00.
You don't have to do a tour to taste whiskeys - inquire at the bar, where staff can assist you with a "Whiskey Flight" tasting.
And you don't have to drink to do the tours - non-drink tickets are available. Children can come along.
Free audio guides are available in Spanish, Italian, French, German and Mandarin.
- The Round Tower ClondalkinThings to see & doMuseums
- National Museum of Ireland - Natural HistoryThings to see & doMuseums
- Experience Glasnevin: Ireland's National CemeteryThings to see & doStatues & monuments
- Trinity CollegeThings to see & doPublic buildings
- Croke Park StadiumThings to see & doMuseums
- Chester BeattyThings to see & doMuseums
- National Museum of Ireland-Decorative Arts & HistoryThings to see & doMuseums
- National Museum of Ireland - ArchaeologyThings to see & doMuseums
- EPIC The Irish Emigration MuseumThings to see & doMuseums
- GPO MuseumThings to see & doMuseums
- Museum of Literature IrelandThings to see & doMuseums
- The Jeanie JohnstonThings to see & doMuseums