The Irish Film Institute or IFI, in Temple Bar in Dublin City, is a professional organisation whose policy is the promotion of film culture in Ireland and the preservation of and accessibility to Ireland's film heritage. The Irish Film Institute houses 3 cinemas, the Irish Film Archive and café bar. It hosts many film festivals and events throughout the year.
The Irish Film Institute is Ireland’s national cultural institution for film. It provides audiences throughout Ireland with access to the finest independent, Irish and international cinema. It preserves and promotes Ireland’s moving image heritage through the IFI Irish Film Archive, and provides opportunities for audiences of all ages and backgrounds to learn and critically engage with film.
The IFI delivers a challenging and diverse programme of the best of international and Irish film culture through a programme of new releases, curated seasons, festivals and events. The IFI is committed to providing its audience with access to the best of new Irish film, including a number of films that would not otherwise have a theatrical release, and many films that would not otherwise be seen in Ireland.
The IFI Irish Film Archive acquires, preserves and makes available Ireland’s moving image heritage, working to ensure that Ireland’s rich and varied film history, both amateur and professional, is protected and accessible for the benefit of current and future generations.
IFI Education actively introduces new audiences to film culture and provides young people throughout Ireland with access to challenging and inspiring cinema. This is achieved through an extensive schools programme, both at the IFI and touring nationally, and through a number of innovative programmes aimed at family, youth and life long learning audiences.
You may also like
- Things to see & doTheatre & events venuesAbbey Theatre
- Things to see & doTheatre & events venuesThe Seamus Ennis Arts Centre
- Things to see & doTheatre & events venuesThe Complex
- Things to see & doTheatre & events venuesSamuel Beckett Theatre
- Food & drinkBar & PubsThe Laughter Lounge
- Things to see & doTheatre & events venuesThe Comedy Crunch
- Food & drinkBar & PubsCeltic Nights Dinner & Show
- Things to see & doTheatre & events venues12 Henrietta Street