Cavistons Seafood Restaurant and Food Emporium
From its modest fish shop origins, this family run business has expanded to provide an impressive range of products spanning the seafood and delicatessen spectrum. For a culinary adventure par excellence, dine at Cavistons Seafood Restaurant, where the atmosphere matches the food and true freshness, excellence and customer-satisfaction is always guaranteed. Today, the restaurant sits beside an impressive food hall and is a central part of the fabric of life in Glasthule, County Dublin.
The room itself is small and furnished with simple wooden tables and chairs and artefacts from Peter’s travels. The menu changes every day and is written around the best catch sourced by Peter at the morning markets. Try a plate of Garlicky Shrimp or Cavistons famous Smoked Salmon Plate from Peter’s own smokery. Follow this with some barely Seared King Scallops smothered in a perfectly balanced Saffron and Basil Sauce, served with simply boiled potatoes and mixed leaves. If you can manage it, finish with a plate of Irish Artisan Cheeses and a glass of vino from the impeccably sourced list, which reflects Peter’s knowledge and love of wine.
The cooking, like the staff, conveys a passion for food and hospitality, which makes the whole experience special and unique with Chef Noel Cusack at the helm. Cavistons is the perfect place to spend an afternoon eavesdropping on the lunching ladies and the literary heavyweights of Dublin. The welcome is mighty and if Peter is there, no better time spent than to have him regale you with stories of Dublin and the local. Good Food Ireland Member.
- Food & drinkRestaurantsElephant & Castle Lucan
- Food & drinkRestaurantsElephant & Castle Monkstown
- Food & drinkRestaurantsElephant & Castle Beacon
- Food & drinkRestaurantsElephant & Castle Temple Bar
- Food & drinkRestaurantsElephant & Castle Churchtown
- Food & drinkRestaurantsMorelands Grill
- Food & drinkRestaurantsElephant & Castle Rathmines
- Food & drinkRestaurantsCHQ Dublin
- Food & drinkRestaurantsPI
- Food & drinkRestaurantsBotanical @ Dublin One Hotel
- Food & drinkRestaurantsThe Ivy Dawson Street
- Food & drinkRestaurantsBovinity