Young European Strings - YES caters for music students from the age of 3 years and up. The school specialises in the early development and training of young professional musicians.
YES caters for music students from the age of 3years and over. The school specialises in the early development and training of young professional musicians. The unique teaching method encourages very young children to learn the art of playing a musical instrument by stimulating their curiosity and imagination through game playing. The School was established by its founding director Maria Kelemen in 1988 in Dublin. Over the past 17 years, generations of musicians to graduate from the establishment became students of music colleges in Ireland and abroad.
Courses offered include violin, viola, cello and double bass. They hold music lessons, workshops and orchestra practice in locations in South Dublin, Templeogue, Harold's Cross, Terenure, Rathgar, and Cowper Road Rathmines.
During the summer holidays the school organises short music camps in Ireland and abroad. Free assessments are offered via Zoom or Skype, to examine the musical potential of children aged 3 to 7 years.
You may also like
- Things to see & doMuseumsGPO Museum
- Things to see & doLibrariesThe Irish Architectural Archive
- Things to see & doHorse & equestrianThe Paddocks Riding Centre
- Things to see & doChurches & religious sitesNewman University Church, Our Lady Seat of Wisdom
- Things to see & doPublic buildingsTrinity College
- Things to see & doMuseumsNational Museum of Ireland - Natural History
- Things to see & doMuseumsNational Museum of Ireland-Decorative Arts & History
- Things to see & doBreweries & distilleriesThe Dublin Liberties Distillery