People and Places
- Family friendly
- Free to visit
Friday, 3 February 2023 - Tuesday, 30 April 2024
About this event
The National Library of Ireland holds over five million photographs in our collections, and they create a unique and fascinating record of life in Ireland.
This exhibition showcases 50 of those photographs, revealing the people and places of the island of Ireland from the 1850s to the turn of the 21st century in images.
Look back through the camera lens at 150 years of life in Ireland with images selected from some of our most popular photographic collections.
Mon - Sun, 10:00 - 16:00. Free admission, no booking required.
Readers are advised to check with the venue before relying on the details published here.
- Things to see & doCastlesArdgillan Castle and Gardens
- Things to see & doMuseumsIrish Traditional Music Archive
- Things to see & doLiterary DublinSeamus Heaney: Listen Now Again
- Things to see & doGalleriesThe Copper House Gallery
- Things to see & doGalleriesHang Tough Contemporary
- What's onArt ExhibitionsSlow Art Tour & Meditation in the Galleries
Sat, 15 Apr
- What's onArt ExhibitionsCreative Lab for Teens: Nature Nutures
Thu, 13 Apr
- What's onArt ExhibitionsSilk Worm Families: Nature Wheel
Thu, 13 Apr
- What's onArt ExhibitionsDCC Culture Club Tour: The History of the Book
Wed, 5 Apr
- What's onArt Exhibitionspermanent tsb Ideal Home Show 2023
Fri, 21 Apr - Sun, 23 Apr
- What's onArt ExhibitionsStrangers we will stay by Emma O’Hara
Sat, 4 Mar - Sat, 1 Apr
SO Fine Art Editions
- What's onArt ExhibitionsDaniel Tuomey—Control Centre Charlois
Thu, 23 Mar - Sat, 8 Apr