Gray Line Ireland’s Newgrange and Hill of Tara Tour departing from Dublin’s city centre to this famous passage tomb, gives you the chance to visit the famed burial chamber, with free entry included.
Departing from Dublin four days a week, it is a must do for all visiting the island of Ireland. The trip will include a stop at the Hill of Tara, which was once the ancient seat of the High Kings of Ireland. You will also get the opportunity to visit Howth Harbour and Village, renowned for beautiful views over north county Dublin.
This unique and once in a lifetime opportunity includes a guaranteed guided visit to the Newgrange Passage Tomb, a UNESCO World Heritage Site dated 3,200BC and is one of the oldest Neolithic burial chambers in Europe.
Finally, get the chance to visit the Stone of Destiny, Lia Fáil, which is the most famous monument at Tara and is Ireland’s ancient coronation stone. The Stone sits on the King’s seat and in Irish Mythology, it is said to be the Stone of Destiny, a sacred object left behind by mythic godlike people, which too was once said to be Ireland’s greatest Tribe, Tuatha Dé Danann. Legend says the stone will roar when touched by the rightful King of Tara so visitors are invited to try as you never know what might happen.
08:45 - Check in at Dublin Visitor Centre, 17 Lower O’Connell Street, Dublin 1.
09:00 - Depart from Dublin City.
09:45 - Arrive Howth Village.
12:00 - Arrive at the Newgrange Passage Tomb.
15:45 - Arrive at the Hill of Tara.
17:30 - Arrive back in Dublin City Centre.
You may also like
- Things to see & doDay toursAdam Ladd Tours
- Things to see & doHikingA Spasso A Dublino - Italian Tour in Dublin
- Things to see & doDay toursBlarney Castle and Cork Day tour – Irish Day Tours
- Things to see & doDay toursBlarney Castle, Kilkenny and Irish Whiskey - Rabbie's Small Group Tours
- Things to see & doDay toursBorder Tours
- Things to see & doDay toursCarroll’s Tours
- Things to see & doDay toursCelts & Castles Tour - Hilltoptreks
- Things to see & doDay toursCliffs of Moher - Finn McCools Tours