Irish Theatre Summer School, run by the Gaiety School of Acting, provides a unique opportunity to study Irish theatre through prose and performance in a programme of seminars and acting workshops. This course is open to all students of drama or theatre studies with drama experience.
The Irish Theatre Summer School offers a set of practical acting workshops and seminars carefully designed to place the writers in both a theatrical and literary context, developing an understanding of the historical and literary background of selected texts from each writer. The theatrical essence of the work will be explored and performed. The Final evening is a showcase of selected scenes from the various plays studied.
Cultural visits are organised to Dublin Castle, the Chester Beatty Library, Trinity College, the Irish Writers Museum, Hugh Lane Gallery, the National Gallery, the Irish Museum of Modern Art, James Joyce Tower in Sandycove and the crypt at St. Michan’s church, as well as to evening theatre performances.
You may also like
- Things to see & doHikingCliff Path Loop
- Things to see & doHikingThe Grand Canal Way
- Things to see & doMuseumsGPO Museum
- Things to see & doLibrariesThe Irish Architectural Archive
- Things to see & doHorse & equestrianThe Paddocks Riding Centre
- Things to see & doChurches & religious sitesNewman University Church, Our Lady Seat of Wisdom
- Things to see & doPublic buildingsTrinity College
- Things to see & doMuseumsNational Museum of Ireland - Natural History