Free Walking Tours Howth provides historical guided tours around the beautiful fishing village of Howth. Whether you are looking to expand your knowledge of the area or take in the breathtaking views of Howth, this tour has something for everyone.
Pirates, Poets, and Pints
Welcome to Howth, a fishing village on the Howth Head peninsula along Dublin Bay.
First settled in 9th century by Norse Vikings, this seaside community’s rich history is where sea myths are spun, famous Irish writers have taken their inspiration, and history is alive and thriving at the 700-year-old Howth Castle.
Come along for one of Mark’s Free Walking Tours and trace the path of pirates and kings. It’s great for all ages & is wheelchair accessible.
Tours start at 11:00 every day and are every 2 hours.
Learn about Howth’s early Viking days, Howth Castle’s past, and its popularity as a backdrop for Hollywood film makers, legends of ghosts and spirits, and enjoy a pint or two – this is Ireland after all.
Enjoy Howth Like a Native
Mark, your guide, is a resident of Howth, Irish music aficionado, and Howth’s unofficial ambassador for your walk through history. His encyclopedic knowledge of this many-layered community is fun for all ages.
Spend some time with Mark and explore this side of Dublin. What you do with the rest of your day is up to you, but there is a lot to choose.
• Hiking along the 6km Cliff Path Loop
• Foot Golf
• Radio Tower Museum
• Tour Ireland’s Eye
• Have a great meal and a pint – any time of year.
Book a specialty tour or event with Mark and create your own memorable history.
You may also like
- Things to see & doActivity toursAlternative Dublin City
- Things to see & doActivity toursEscape Boats
- Things to see & doCyclingWild N Happy Travel
- Things to see & doCity toursViaggiare in Irlanda
- Things to see & doHikingHidden Howth Experiences
- Things to see & doHikingHowth Walking Tours
- Things to see & doActivity toursRun Walk Bike Ireland
- Things to see & doActivity toursGo! Running Tours Dublin