Cliff Path Loop
- Loop trail
- Moderate trail
- 2 hours
The delightful Howth - Cliff Path Loop takes two hours to complete and starts from the village DART (train) station.
The trail leads walkers along the charming harbour before climbing away from the village around the Nose of Howth and onto the breathtaking clifftops. The terrain may be rough in parts so walking boots are recommended. The aggregate ascent over this loop is 130m.
Along the way you’ll enjoy stunning views of Lambay Island, Ireland’s Eye and embrace great expanses of Dublin Bay too. The Baily Lighthouse comes into view before you ascend towards the car park at ‘The Summit’ and return to Howth Village along a path running parallel to your outward route.
Back in the village, you’ll find plenty of cafés, pubs and restaurants to reward yourself in after this satisfying trail.
- Things to see & doHikingDublin's Talking Statues
- Things to see & doHikingWalk Dublin
- Things to see & doHikingBlack Linn Loop
- Things to see & doHikingThe Grand Canal Way
- Things to see & doHikingCarrickgollogan - Lead Mines Way - (Orange)
- Things to see & doHikingTicknock Fairy Castle Loop
- Things to see & doHikingBarnaslingan - Scalp Lookout Trail (Red)
- Things to see & doHikingMountaintrails
- Things to see & doHikingHidden Howth Experiences
- Things to see & doHikingBog of Frogs Trail
- Things to see & doHikingHilltoptreks
- Things to see & doHikingYellow Umbrella Tours Ltd