This elegant Square, adorned by an attractive public park, retains much of its Georgian character. One of the most beautiful and interesting parks in Dublin, it is officially named Archbishop Ryan Park in memory of the Roman Catholic Archbishop of Dublin who generously transferred on a long lease the 12 acres or 4.75 hectares to Dublin City Council in 1974. The Church had bought the park in 1930 as a site for a new cathedral, a project which never went ahead.
Inset in the railings is the restored Rutland Fountain. Plaques on the walls of the Georgian mansions recall famous occupants, for example Daniel O'Connell, W.B.Yeats.
Open 7 days per week, daylight hours.
Admission is free.
How to Get There:
By bus: 7, 7A from O'Connell Street.