Bullock Castle in Dalkey can be dated to about 1150 from the use of curved pointed arches mixed with the older round arches. The warrior's head high up on the outer wall also helps, by the style of helmet, to date the building.
12.2km from O'Connell Bridge
Dublin's General Post Office is situated prominently in the middle of O'Connell Street. It is the headquarters for An Post, the Irish Postal Service, and the foundation stone was laid in 1814.
0.3km from O'Connell Bridge
Meander is a two-storey, flat-roofed, detached house, dating from 1939.
10.2km from O'Connell Bridge
Shannon Heritage, Malahide
Malahide Castle, set on 250 acres of park land in the pretty seaside town of Malahide, was both a fortress and a private home for nearly 800 years and is an interesting mix of architectural styles. A feature of Demense is the Talbot Botanic Garden.
12.6km from O'Connell Bridge
Castle Steet, Dalkey
Dalkey Castle is located in Dublin in the heritage town of Dalkey and has living history actors onsite, ready to welcome visitors.
12.8km from O'Connell Bridge
Office of the Houses of the Oireachtas, Kildare Street
The seat of Dáil Éireann (or House of Representatives) and Seanad Éireann (or the Senate), which constitute the Oireachtas (or National Parliament), was erected in 1745 and has served as the parliament building of the Republic of Ireland since 1922.
0.9km from O'Connell Bridge
17 Molesworth Street
The Freemasons Hall is located in Dublin City, near the National Library, the National Museum, Leinster House and the National Gallery.
0.7km from O'Connell Bridge
82 Merrion Square
Dublin's Eighty Two Merrion Square is a former home of the writer WB Yeats.
1km from O'Connell Bridge
City Assembly House, 58 South William Street
The vision of the Irish Georgian Society is to conserve, protect and foster an interest and a respect for Ireland’s architectural heritage and decorative arts.
1.1km from O'Connell Bridge
Upper Merrion Street
The quadrangle of Government Buildings on Upper Merrion Street in Dublin City Centre was built by the British administration in Ireland, with the foundation stone for the building laid by King Edward VII in 1904.
Dublin Castle is the heart of historic Dublin and is where the city gets its name from the Black Pool - 'Dubh Linn' which was on the site of the present Castle garden. The Castle houses the magnificent State Apartments part of the Viceregal court.
Áras an Uachtaráin is the official residence of the President of Ireland. Built in 1751, it's situated in the 1,752 acres of the Phoenix Park in County Dublin.
3.8km from O'Connell Bridge
The Old Glebe
Early 18th century Queen Anne style residence. Built between 1710-1727 as a Glebe House by Archdeacon Smyth. The gardens and ornamental lake are an example of listed Queen Anne style influence in Ireland.
17.2km from O'Connell Bridge
Cherrymount Crescent, Off Malahide Road
The casino is considered to be one of the finest 18th Century neo-classical buildings in Europe.
3.4km from O'Connell Bridge
Primrose Lane, Lucan
Primrose Hill is a regency villa located in Lucan, County Dublin. The property is home to a large collection of perennials, as well as crocasmia and lobelias.
Hearse Rd., Donabate
An 18th cen. visitor attraction five minutes drive from Dublin Airport set in 370 acres of beautiful Parkland including a working Farm, Georgian mansion with original furnishings, range of seasonal events and a coffee shop.
16.6km from O'Connell Bridge
A late 17th century classical building with chapel, great hall, formal gardens, burial grounds and artist studios, the Royal Hospital Kilmainham is now home to Irish and international visual art.
2.7km from O'Connell Bridge
Visit yet another of Phoenix Park's attractions, Farmleigh. The former Guinness family estate has been carefully refurbished by the Office of Public Works and is open to the public when not hosting visiting dignitaries and heads of state to the capital city, Dublin.
7km from O'Connell Bridge
Ardgillan Castle & Demesne is Ireland’s hidden gem. Set in spectacular parkland overlooking the Irish Sea with a magnificent view of the Mourne Mountains. The ‘castle’ is a large eighteenth century country-style house with castellated embellishments.
27.4km from O'Connell Bridge
Ward River Valley, Swords
Swords Castle stands in the centre of North County Dublin since 1200 A.D. It was built by the first Norman Archbishop of Dublin, John Comyn, who succeeded St. Laurence O'Toole as Archbishop in 1180 A.D. Admission by appointment only.
1-20 of 30