Visitors to Dublin City can find Whitefriar Street Church in the city centre, not far from St. Patrick’s Church, another of the city’s ecclesiastical sites. Whitefriar Street Church was founded in 1279, dispossessed during the Reformation and then re-established in 1825. Since 1974, it has been under the care of the Order of Carmelites. The house of worship has notable details including a shrine with the remains of St. Valentine, which Pope Gregory XVI gifted to the church in 1835. There are also shrines to Our Lady of Dublin and St. Albert of Sicily, from which many people take water as it is thought to be curative.
Whitefriars Street, 56 Aungier Street
1 Jan - 31 Dec
(subject to change)