The foundation stone was laid by the Duke of Ruthland in 1786 and the building was completed in 1802 although the first court session took place in 1796. It has a central block with an arched courtyard and end pavilion on either side. The portico is supported by six Corinthian columns and high above stand the statues of Moses, Justice, Mercy, Authority and Wisdom with copper domed colonnaded rotunda behind.Today the Four Courts is the physical centre of legal life in Ireland - holding sittings of the Supreme, High, Circuit and District Courts.
1 Jan - 31 Dec
(subject to change)