St. Stephen's Green was re-opened by Lord Ardilaun in 1880 for the citizens of Dublin. This nine hectare / 22 acre park, in Dublin City Centre, has been maintained in the original Victorian layout with extensive perimeter tree and shrub planting and spring and summer Victorian bedding. The herbaceous border also provides colour from early spring to late autumn. Sanctuary from inclement weather can be obtained in the Victorian lakeside shelter or in the Victorian Swiss shelters in the center of the park.Over 3.5km of pathways are accessible for all users. The park features a waterfall and Pulham rock work on the western side of the green and an ornamental lake which provides a home for waterfowl. A number of sculptures are located throughout the green. A children's playground is also available in the park. Lunchtime concerts are performed during the summer months.Facilities include, public toilets, playground, garden for the visually impaired.Please note St. Stehpen's Green closes according to daylight hours.
St. Stephen's Green, Dublin City Centre
1 Jan - 24 Dec
25 Dec - 25 Dec
26 Dec - 31 Dec
(subject to change)