The Nurnberg brothers Friedrich and Heinrich Kapp, whose elegant Dublin tobacconist first opened for business in 1865 at Grafton Street, Dublin City, could scarcely have dreamt that they would participate in the birth of a legend. Friedrich & Heinrich, who christened their shop simply 'Kapp Brothers', soon made a name for themselves making and selling quality Meerschaum and Briar Root pipes. It was not long before Charles Peterson, walked into Kapp Brothers Grafton Street premises armed with a revolutionary pipe and ambitious plans for the future. The skills and craft which Charles Peterson applied to his original invention are continued by the dedicated team of craftsmen at Peterson today. Whether as a gift for a friend or for personal use, shoppers will appreciate the excellence of the Peterson range of cigars, tobaccos, pipes and smoking accessories. There and then, Peterson suggested that the brothers go into partnership with him to turn his pipe dream into the world's dream pipe. They agreed and the company was renamed Kapp & Peterson. Kapp and Peterson went on to become Dublin's most fashionable and respected manufacturer and purveyor of fine smoking products. Pipe and cigar smokers would stroll down to the elegant premises for professional advice on the subtle nuances that determine a good handmade cigar or pipe. The Peterson brand was embraced by politicians, business leaders, sportsmen, artists and writers. The shop is now located on Nassau Street in the heart of Dublin.
48/49 Nassau Street, Dublin City Centre