Situated on the Tolka River between Glasnevin and Drumcondra and just downstream from the National Botanic Gardens, in Dublin City, Griffith Park extends to 7.5 hectares. The site was originally a landfill until the 1930's when the eastern end of the park was first developed. The River was realigned in the late 1930's with further work providing a paddling pool in the 1950's. The last section of the park at the Mobhi Road end was developed in the mid 1950's and today the park with its fine trees, flower garden, pleasant riverside walks and well-used modern playground is one of the premier north city parks. Recent improvement works include a new pedestrian bridge and re-contouring of riverside areas to prevent flooding.
Griffith Road, Drumcondra