Dublin A to Z


  • The Four Courts

Free Events

addressInns Quay, Dublin City Area West


Phone+353(0)18886000

Emailpadareward@thecourts.ie

Webhttp://www.courts.ie/



Opening Times

The foundation stone was laid by the Duke of Ruthland in 1786 and the building was completed in 1802 although the first court session took place in 1796.

It has a central block with an arched courtyard and end pavilion on either side. The portico is supported by six Corinthian columns and high above stand the statues of Moses, Justice, Mercy, Authority and Wisdom with copper domed colonnaded rotunda behind.

Today the Four Courts is the physical centre of legal life in Ireland - holding sittings of the Supreme, High, Circuit and District Courts.

  • Operating Hours

    1 Jan - 31 Dec

    MON 10:00 - 16:00
    TUES 10:00 - 16:00
    WED 10:00 - 16:00
    THU 10:00 - 16:00
    FRI 10:00 - 16:00
    SAT closed
    SUN closed
  • Exceptions
    Closed

(subject to change)