Probably Ireland's best known Victorian public park.Re-opened by Lord Ardilaun in 1880 for the citizens of Dublin. This 9 hectare / 22 acre park has been maintained in the original Victorian layout with extensive perimeter tree and shrub planting, spectacular spring and summer Victorian bedding. The herbaceous border also provides colour from early spring to late autumn. Sanctuary from inclement weather can be obtained in the Victorian lakeside shelter or in the Victorian Swiss shelters in the center of the park.
Over 3.5 km of pathways are accessible for all users. The waterfall and Pulham rock work on the western side of the green are worth of a visit likewise the ornamental lake which provides a home for waterfowl and a garden for the visually impaired. A number of sculptures are located throughout the green. A children's playground is a popular attraction of the park. Lunchtime concerts are performed during the summer months.
This 9 hectare park is a sanctuary from the bustle of the city streets with tree lined walks, shrubberies, colourful flowerbeds, herbaceous borders and an ornamental lake.
There are lunchtime concerts in the summer months.
Download Visit Dublin’s Adventure Insider Guide to find out more about Activities in Dublin.
Download Visit Dublin’s Dublin on a Budget Guide to find out more about visiting Dublin on a Budget.
Download Visit Dublin’s Family Fun Insider Guide to find out more about Family Fun in Dublin.