Croke Park Stadium
Home to the Gaelic Athletic Association (GAA), Croke Park has been at the heart of Irish sporting life for over a hundred years.
Interesting Croke Park facts:
• Helmets only became compulsory in 2009. Previously, most players wore no face guard or protection (ouch!)
• The Nally/Dineen Hill 16 terrace houses the biggest outdoor screen in Europe
• The pitch size is over twice the size of a standard football (soccer) pitch
• You can test your own skills during the interactive museum tours
• The Davin bar on level five is the largest bar in Ireland with 400 beer taps
• The first finals played at Croke Park took place in March 1896
• Croke Park holds the world record for largest attendance at a club rugby union match of over 81,000
Croke Park is not only home to Gaelic Games, it has an extensive GAA museum, a new rooftop sightseeing tour Etihad Skyline, a superb stadium tour and a world class Conference Centre.
For Tourist Packages visit www.crokeparktickets.ie
For Croke Park Conference Centre visit www.crokepark.ie
For GAA Museum visit www.crokepark.ie/gaa-museum
For Etihad Skyline visit www.skylinecrokepark.ie
Click here to download the Croke Park Transport Guide (1.12MB)
Download Visit Dublin’s Adventure Insider Guide to find out more about visiting Dublin on a Budget.