Dollymount is a coastal suburban area on the north coast of Dublin Bay, within Clontarf, on the northside of Dublin, Ireland, just East of St Anne's Park.
Dollymount lies within the district of Clontarf, which surrounds it (as the citywards part of Bull Island is part of Clontarf). For history before the 19th century, see the relevant article.
The name of Dollymount would seem to have originated with a house bearing that title which stood on or adjoining the site of Sea Park in Mount Prospect Avenue, and which is shown in Duncan's Map of 1820. "Dollymount House" appears in the Dublin Directory up to 1836, after which it disappears, doubtless having been renamed, and in 1838 the name appears for the first time as that of a district, under the heading of "Green Lanes, Dollymount." It is stated that the designation was adopted in the first instance by a member of the Vernon family as a compliment to his wife, by name Dorothy, or Dolly Vernon." The Green Lanes are still referred to as simply "Clontarf" in Thom's Irish Almanac & Official Directory of 1849.