Known as the Rutland Fountain, it was erected in 1791. This stone structure, with a central arch and a pair of short screen walls on either side, commemorates Charles Manners, 4th Duke of Rutland. He was appointed Lord Lieutenant of Ireland in 1784 but died three years later while still in office. The monument was more than just an elegant testimonial. It also performed an extremely useful service to the neighbouring streets; it was a fountain that provided fresh drinking water to houses where, despite their grandeur, running water would not be installed for around another fifty years or so.