Chapel Royal - Dublin Castle
The Chapel Royal was designed by Francis Johnston in 1807. It is noted for its plasterwork, oak carvings and the limestone heads which were carved by Edward Smyth and his son John. The coat-of-arms of all the Viceroys or Lord Lieutenants who were the King or Queen of England’s representative in Ireland are emblazoned on the wooden galleries and when these were full they were painted onto the church windows.
Amazingly, the coat-of -arms of the last Viceroy, before the castle was handed over to the Irish Free State in 1922, occupies the final available window space