Founded in 1701, Marsh's Library was the first public library in Ireland. It houses almost 30,000 rare books and pamphlets, as well as a significant collection of manuscripts.
The beautiful interior of the library building has remained unchanged for more than three centuries.
We are open to the public, and children are particularly welcome. Every year we mount a themed exhibition which draws exclusively upon the library's holdings. The current exhibition on the Scientific Revolution is entitled 'Marvels of Science: Books that Changed the World'.
Every working day of the year we post an image from one of our rare books or manuscripts on Facebook and Twitter.
How to Get There:
(Located beside St. Patrick’s Cathedral)
Buses: 50, 54A (Eden Quay).