Sports & Language Camp Dublin
St Columba’s College offers pretty much everything you could possibly wish for starting with tennis courts and field hockey fields, pitches, different rugby courts, a golf course, a gym, and an outdoor pool. It is situated on the outskirts of Dublin so that you can either head into Dublin within minutes or explore the hilly landscape typical of Ireland. St Columba’s College captivates visitors with its mixture of medieval looks (in so-called ‘Harry Potter’-style) and modern interior decoration. We are also allowed to use the many classrooms and the laboratory for our English lessons, or for the ‘arts & crafts’ projects.
You will stay in the ‘Residence’ where the pupils are usually housed during school year. You will stay in a
4-6-bed-room – most of them including a bathroom- with other participants of your age. The traditional Dining Hall will render each meal unforgettable. Food, water, and fruits will be available throughout the day.
Choose your main focus in our activity program:
• Rugby: This Irish national sport is a tradition at St Columba’s. Here you’ll find fantastic possibilities to practice because of the many courts and coaches who’ll teach you the tips and tricks.
• Tennis: The 4 tennis courts offer you the possibility to expand your tennis skills considerably. Just bring your equipment with you and compete against the other kids and youth from all other the world.
• Soccer: Of course, you can also play soccer at St Columba’s. If the weather’s bad, we can play soccer in the gym – and here’s the kicker: during August the training team of the VfB Stuttgart soccer school will be at St Columba’s as well! Other soccer teams have also knocked at our door – you’ll always get the latest news here!
• Golf: on the well-tended golf courses of St Columba’s they will give you the chance to improve without being pressed for time. Beginners can try out golf and bat their first ‘birdies’. If you already have one, just bring your equipment with you – that makes it easier to learn – or start golfing with our rental equipment.
• Field Hockey: with more than 6 greens keepers for the courts alone St Columba’s meets the highest standards of quality. Be part of the Irish training team lessons in field hockey!
• Irish sports: whatever your choice – be it Gaelic Football, Cricket, or Hurling – try out the Irish national sports with your friends who probably won’t know more than you. However: big fun is a given!
Of course, there's always our classic sports and creative activities, as well as many great evening programs! Whether diving in the pool or exploring the amazing scenery - we will experience together come very varied weeks!