Although situated mainly in Terenure, it stretches into Rathfarnham. It has football fields, a skateboarding area and a tennis court. There is a children's playground, a woodland walk through a large wood into Rathfarnham, a duck pond, and a recently reopened kiosk. In front of the pond is a high hill, and behind the pond is a starting point for the woodland walk, which contains a waterfall.
Bushy Park House was originally owned by Arthur Bushe of Dangan, County Kilkenny, Secretary to the Revenue Commissioners who built the house, originally known as "Bushe's House" in 1700 on a site of four hectares. John Hobson became the owner in 1772 and changed the name of the house to Bushy Park, possibly after Bushy Park in London. The third owner was Abraham Wilkinson who in 1791 added almost 40 extra hectares to this estate. The Shaw family was connected with Bushy Park until they sold the house and grounds to Dublin City Council (formerly Dublin Corporation) in 1953.