The Town Hall was built in 1865 when Blackrock Township Commission was established. The building cost more then was originally intended and £1,500 had to be borrowed to complete it. The total cost was £3,500 and an extension was added to the building in 1880. The building incorporates the Carnegie Library. The archway to the left of the building was the entrance way into the original Blackrock fire station. The symbol of Blackrock Urban District Council is featured on entrance hall floor.